As you may be aware, in the past, The DBT Group ("DBT") has implemented licensing agreement term changes that have resulted in our Licensees enjoying more livable license agreements. To summarize, these changes include non-tiered product licensing (i.e., no "upgrades"), and "capped" 1993 maintenance growth rates at ten (10) percent.
A brief recap of our licensing Terms and Conditions follows.
- 1) License / Maintenance Fees for Licensed Copies
For those Licensees that are currently running legal copies of DBT software on licensed CPU(s), our licensing and maintenance terms have not changed since 2010: the license fee for DBT/COMPRESS for IMS and DBT/COMPRESS for DB2 is $43,250.00 per CPU type instance per CPU per copy, and the license fee for DBT/Nevada is $125,000.00; the annual maintenance fee for DBT/COMPRESS For IMS and DBT/COMPRESS For DB2 is $6,352.50 per year, and the annual maintenance fee for DBT/NEVADA is $18,750.00.
- 2) License / Maintenance Fees for Unlicensed Copies
For those Licensees that are currently running illegal copies of DBT software on unlicensed CPU(s), and for companies that are running illegal copies of DBT software, in order to make these copies legal and bring them into conformance with our License Agreement, DBT has different licensing terms for these "Made-Legal" copies.
- 2.1) The license charge for each Made-Legal copy is Sixty-Five Thousand Dollars ($65,000.00) per CPU per copy for DBT/COMPRESS for IMS and DBT/COMPRESS for DB2, Two Hundred Thousand Dollars ($200,000.00) per CPU per copy for DBT/Nevada, and is quoted for all other DBT products. Site and Corporate agreements for Made-Legal copies are not available. Maintenance is not included with Made-Legal copies, but is required (see (2.2), below).
- 2.2) There is a mandatory three (3) year non-cancelable maintenance fee of Twenty-Nine Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($29,250.00) for each Made-Legal copy for DBT/COMPRESS for IMS or DBT/COMPRESS for DB2, and is quoted for other products.
- 2.3) Ongoing maintenance after the mandatory three-year maintenance term will be at the then-current maintenance price for made-legal copies. Currently, this is Nine Thousand, Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars ($9,750.00) per copy per product per year for DBT/COMPRESS for IMS and DBT/COMPRESS for DB2, and is quoted for all other DBT products.
- 2.4) The maximum maintenance increase per year (i.e., the "maintenance cap") for Made-Legal copies is Twenty Percent (20%).
- 3) Copy Protection
All DBT products are copy-protected. Licensees will be contacted to determine upon what model group CPU and what CPU serial numbers the legally-licensed copies run. Licensees will be provided with new copies of DBT copy-protected software at no charge. In the near future, maintenance will no longer be provided for non-copy-protected releases.
- 4) CPU Model and Serial Number Changes
When changing CPU model groups or CPU serial numbers, DBT will provide new copy-protected releases or "keys" for legally licensed copies at no charge provided that the Licensee is current on their maintenance for the products in question. DBT will not create new releases of products nor provide "keys" for non-maintained products. If the products currently running on licensed CPUs are to be transferred to a new CPU, DBT will agree to the transfer provided that: (a) the products remain licensed to the original Licensee; (b) the products are not going to be run at an outsourcer for whom Access and/or Transfer fees have not been paid; and (c) the Licensee is current on their maintenance for the relevant product copies.
- 5) Licensing Terms that are Not Changing
- 5.1) Model Groups (i.e., "License Tiers") are not being implemented at this time. DBT remains committed to the "Non-Tiered" licensing approach.
- 5.2) Maintenance fees for legally-licensed copies of DBT software remain at near-1993 levels. The "maintenance cap" for legally-licensed copies of DBT software remains at Ten Percent (10%) per year. DBT does not believe in egregious maintenance increases, as demonstrated by our rather conservative pricing changes since 1993.
- 5.3) DBT does not issue License Agreements to Outsourcers nor to Facility Management firms. Instead, in an outsourcing / facility management situation, the underlying customer is the entity that will be licensed.
- 5.4) If a Licensee has cancelled their DBT product maintenance and wishes to reinstate that maintenance, DBT will agree to the reinstatement for the sum of: (a) a $5,000.00 reinstatement fee; (b) all back maintenance fees paid in full at the time of reinstatement; and (c) twelve percent (12%) interest per year paid on the total of maintenance payments that were skipped. Maintenance rates for the CPUs being reinstated will be calculated as the current maintenance rate plus ten percent (10%) reinstatement penalty per CPU per product per year.
The DBT Group is a diversity-oriented employer.
We respect all, we serve all, we treat all equal.
This page was last updated on
Copyright 2018, The DBT Group, Inc.
All rights reserved under the Berne and Paris copyright conventions - Reproduction prohibited